A few observations I have made about the little things in life that deserve more respect than they are given. Certainly not complete, and in no order:
1. Good Hair Days
Those rare days when your hair looks just right. I think I’ll keep my hat on my bed post today, thank you.
2. Farmers
Farmers do not get nearly enough credit for the amount of nutrition they provide humanity.
3. Temporary tattoos
I feel as if temporary tattoos aren’t used to their full potential by our generation. A tattoo of Donald Duck on your bicep will surely make you look tougher.
4. Cool shaped clouds
Clouds themselves are under rated, especially the cool looking ones. The problem is that we are spoiled with clouds. If huge white puffy shapes in the sky only existed under special circumstances, they would be considered one of the most spectacular displays on our planet.
5. Being on time
It is so pleasant when you make plans and all parties arrive within a few minutes of the agreed upon time.
6. Secret hand shakes
A good secret handshake with someone will no doubt make everyone around you jealous. Isn’t that what everyone wants?
7. Jeopardy
The classic question and answer show developed by Merv Griffin. Consistently entertaining, and more importantly educational. Only one question: Alex Trebek with or without the mustache?
8. New socks
Never again will that pair of socks be as clean, soft and full of possibilities.
9. Kevin Durant
The guy is averaging 27.7 points per game, on one of the worst teams in the NBA. He can score from anywhere. Why doesn’t anyone ever talk about him?
10. Exact Change
What else is there to say about exact change? It just makes life easier.
11. Nice People
Funny people are always getting all the attention. Don’t get me wrong, I am a fan of the humorist, but it’s such a pleasure to spend time with people that are genuinely nice and respectful.
12. Scary Halloween costumes
Nowadays everyone tries to be funny or clever with their Halloween costume. I certainly still appreciate the zombie bride, or a well done Dracula.
13. The variety of toothpaste flavors
Gone are the days when all you could put on your tooth brush was water and baking soda. Take a stroll down the oral hygiene aisle in CVS and you will find spearmint, peppermint, bubble gum, vanilla, cinnamon, citrus, etc.
14. Good commercials
Commercials can be super annoying, particularly during an interesting television program. However, a witty advertisement always brings a smile to my face.
15. Going to bed early
Feeling refreshed and well rested every few days is just wonderful.
16. Yellow First Down Line
I couldn’t imagine watching a game of football on TV without the yellow line. An award winning television development.
17. Puzzles and Board Games
Very Underrated way to spend your time. Both can be very relaxing and rewarding.
18. The First Dip of the Knife in a New Jar of Peanut Butter
This is similar to the feeling of a new pair of socks, and also the first scissor cut into a fresh piece of construction paper.
19. Revolving Doors
Eliminates direct exposure to the outside temperature which conserves energy. More importantly, eliminates the awkward 'should I hold the door open for this dude?' moment.
20. The Beach Boys
Amazing vocals. That is all.
That is all I can think of tonight.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Only one answer: with the mustache.
ReplyDeleteIdk how I feel about the mustache, other than the fact that its first five letters are the same as mustard. Thus, my question to you john, would you like mustard on your upper lip all day? would you? really?----John Bleday
ReplyDeleteYa well, John, Mustang is the same first five letters too, and would you ever drive a mustang without a mustache? No, you would not dare. Case Closed.
ReplyDeleteandrew, consider for a moment the potential you ahve before you. I beautiful classic american car featured in thousands of movies from "Dazed and Confused" to "Rookie of the Year". However, you forgot to put on (for people with the disease of facial hair you would "grow") your mustache. I think we would all drive the car anyway, would we not? I leave it to peter's readers and the rest of human kind....mr. bell day
ReplyDeleteHey Guys!
ReplyDeleteYou know what also begins with "must". An elephant's musth! how would you like to have an aggressive and horny elephant on your lip!
Anonymous
Well Said!!! You sure have a lot of random but interesting thought going on in that head of yours. I must say, "I Concur!"
ReplyDelete